Thursday, June 16, 2011

36 Bleh.....

I hit the big 3-6 this week. I've been thinking of this birthday as the start of the last half of my life. When I tell people this they ask "Are you only going to live to 70?" I don't think that exactly. I just can't deny I'm getting old, my mindset is changing and things are starting to break down. For example.... my birthday started when I woke up for no reason at 5am. I fear this may be the beginning of a new era of early rising biorhythms. When I got out of bed the bottom of my feet hurt when I walked. Gout? Arthritis? I tried to "walk it off" but gave up after about 10 steps when I realized I looked like some sort of zombie puppet. I then made some tea with milk to help ward off osteoporosis and sat in our recliner. Yes we own a recliner. It's fabulous! As I sat in the recliner I randomly began to think that we should buy some coasters, that I should be asking for lots of free condiments when we get fast food so I don't have to buy it at the store and that I really need to start moisturizing every day. Yep I'm old.

post signature

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You know what might help that arthritis? Some Formula R. I am starting to have outrageous facial wrinkles so I started wearing sunscreen. I will probably never be tan again. I will just live the rest of my life with pasty skin and mousey hair and premature wrinkles. And also my already above average sized nose is probably not going to stop growing. I've gotta run take some zoloft now, i'm officially depressed! (which may or may not be another sign of aging)

Unknown said...

OMG...bless.. just wait until hit 4-0- Despite the face that I hate getting older.. 40 has turned out much better than I thought..now if only I could look like I was 30, I would ba a happy camper!