Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Summer I Impersonated a Blonde


In honor of my 35th birthday I decided to mix things up a little - starting with my hair. The reactions have been mixed. One of my patients asked me, "Who talked you into doing that to your hair?" Several people have not recognised me. This list includes Aunt Shirrie - who also happens to be my hair dresser. My best friend Denise told me I looked younger. One kind soul told me I looked thinner. I've noticed that I catch myself smiling more and just feeling happier in general. It's been a fun change. But I think my blonde days are numbered. My roots are calling me back to my brunette self. And you can't forget your roots - especially when they keep staring you down every time you peek in a mirror.

post signature

3 comments:

J said...

You look fabulous and confident. Congrats on being 35!
Can you explain exactly what e-mealz is? I'm trying to work on grocery budget too, but haven't heard those commercials. Fill me in!

Rochelle said...

Thanks Joy! E-mealz is a weekly dinner menu with an attached grocery list. They have plans for families of 2 and 4. Makes it very easy to fix a meal when I get home from work and my brain is drained. Just follow the easy steps and voila! Dinner is served! Plus we have enough food for lunch the next day. Every evening is a new recipe so there's no getting in a rut and having frito pie for 4 nights in a row. Which I may or may not have done in the past.....

Meredith said...

You do look fabulous and super skinny too!