Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Latte At Tiffanys.com

I had a break from work this past week and took full advantage to be selfish, relax and dream. I've been reading a book called Wear More Cashmere and I love the concept of "pampering your inner princess." Lots of interesting ideas to make life more romantic and fun.

The best day in my week of indulgance was Wednesday. I had gone to bed early (9pm!!) and woke up feeling great. Damon took Sidney to the sitters so I got to take my time getting ready. I made myself a vanilla soy latte with my new espresso maker and sipped and browsed Tiffany's.com. I wore a cashmere sweater and a silk scarf that was my mom's and just felt like a million bucks! I met my friend Mary at Yana's for a ladies lunch and then we went to the Ellen Noel Art Museum. We had the place to ourselves and were able to take our time soaking up the atmosphere. One of the ladies working at the museum mentioned a store in Midland that specializes in antique clothing so we spur of the moment went to check it out. It was fun to rummage through all the treasures. We finished the day off by going to the movies. We saw Atonement which is a beautiful movie. On the sad side but beautiful.

There were a few flaws in my perfect week. My friend Laura had to cancel for lunch and Damon was in a car accident but over all it was a wonderful and much needed break. I also started back to school this week. I'm taking Texas and Federal Government as self-paced courses. Which means I'm basically teaching myself. I broke out the highlighter last night and read my first chapter. It felt good to be doing something to improve me. It's so easy to become stagnant and this has been a good thing to upset my life as usual. Shake off some fear and learn something new.

3 comments:

Procters said...

Yanas is my FAVORITE place to have girl time. Every once in a while, I'll let Wade go with me:-) I'm glad you saw our Church add at the movie. I don't think the projector was "stuck". I think it was God's way of telling you to come visit New Life! :-)

Marta said...

Can't wait for cousin's weekend! It's gonna be a blast!

Meredith said...

you have inspired me to pamper myself. i am sitting here strategizing how i can take off work and fantasize for a day that i am the wife of some millionaire who insists that i get weekly facials and massages. on another note, Thursday night we are having a work party at Tiffany's here in Austin that is being catered by the Four Seasons. My goal is going to be not to stick out like a sore thumb. And what do you wear to that? Is a red prom dress a little over the top? ;)