Thursday, January 17, 2008

Have a Magical Day!

My friend Mary told me that is how the Disney staff answer the phone at their resorts. She said that she liked to say it to people who gave her a hard time on the phone. Just a little statement about your frame of mind. I've realised that I'm missing that element of magic & wonder in my life. As I go through my usual routines I'm so bogged down in checking off my required tasks that I'm missing the things that make life magical. The past few weeks when I got off the elevator at work there have been some amazing sunrises but I just walk by the window. My thoughts have been along the line of: "Things to do and I'm already behind for the day." But really what does 2 minutes matter in the grand scheme thing of things. When I'm not at work I'm usually at home in my pajamas watching educational TV with Sidney. Even Odessa has wonders to see (believe it or not) and I'm missing experiencing them with my daughter. Granted it is winter and that limits excursions to the park but we have museums and galleries and shopping! I'm starting to see shopping as a "fun tax." Not crazed spending sprees but why not buy that pair of black pumps that I've been looking at for the past 2 months? A little indulgence can be good for the soul not to mention an expression of freedom. Freedom from always having to act like a responsible grown-up. I've never been a silly person but I really need to stop taking myself so seriously. Lighten up and live a little! Today's a good to start!

3 comments:

wyeast said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wyeast said...

Good post I agree. I always wonder why everyone wants to be so "grown up?" I remember thinking as a child that most of the "grown up" people I knew were so unhappy.

And as to your comment on my blog...that guy scares me. I think he is a robot.

wyeast said...

What if his desire is to turn us all into robots? We would all be clean cut, suit wearing, managers.

Now, if we all get our own planet one day which is part of his belief system...I am in.