Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Things To Do

This year I'm primarily focused on school/education but there's more to life than a degree. And there's more to me than my job. (Although it doesn't feel like that most days!) So after I check off getting my BSN, here's my self-improvement list:

Learn to knit - I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I think it would be a relaxing and creative hobby. A little on the old lady side but I think it will go well with my old soul.

Learn to play the guitar - You never know when Santana will invite you to an impromptu jam session. Seriously, I have this vision of taking Sid on a picnic and playing the guitar like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. Not a lot of hills in this part of the world but the wind is very much alive.

Learn to paint - Another thing that I've wanted to learn for a while. I like the look of oil and acrylics and will probably focus on that. I think it will be an expensive hobby with all of the supplies and lessons but there is always potential to create a masterpiece.

Learn to speak Spanish fluently - I can understand a little already but not enough to follow a conversation. Watching Dora the Explorer with Sidney has been helping. Hola Boots! If only I had a bilingual monkey to help me.....

1 comment:

Marta said...

I love this list! I too want to learn to speak Spanish and play the guitar. I tried to teach myself to crochet when Darby was tiny... I should get that stuff back out and try again!