Wednesday, February 03, 2010

My Little Obsession

I have to confess I am crazy about Texas Tech football. I read the blogs. I post on the message boards. Any news about the Leach firing, the hiring of Coach Tuberville, national signing day - I gobble it up. I love it all!

Many of the Tech fans got their feathers ruffled over the loss of Pirate Leach. He did keep things entertaining but perhaps not always in an positive way. Honestly, he was never going to lead Tech out of the shadow of UT and OU. It was time for him and the university to part ways, but it could have been handled in a more graceful manner.

The hiring of Coach Tuberville has the potential for greatness. He has brought onboard an amazing OC in Neal Brown and James Willis as DC is going to be incredible. With the addition of todays new defensive recruits the future is looking very bright for Tech as the program moves towards a balance of offensive fireworks and defensive dominance.

The next big hurdle is the selection of starting quarterback. Taylor Potts has the skills but lacks charasmatic leadership. Steven Sheffield has proven he can spark the team and the fans while also making the tough plays. I only question his durability. Is Sticks Sheffield tough enough to make it through the entire season? Both QB's have a chance under the new leadership, and I'm curious to see who Brown selects for the position.

The season starts September 4th with a home opener against SMU. With the Craig James fiasco of last year this game should be a fun one to watch. Get your guns up! Wreck 'em!

post signature

2 comments:

Tumbleweed King said...

Yes it is definitely in the obsession phase.

J said...

I couldn't care less about football (or any sport really). But I LOVE your font size/ color creativity!