Sunday, May 03, 2009

So Sew

Now that the school part of my life has come to an end (until I decide I need a Masters degree that is) I find myself with an abundance of free time. During Sid's nap today I dusted off the Wii and worked on my tennis game and solo guitar skills. That was fun for about 30 minutes. Then I wandered around the house looking for something to distract myself with and re-discovered my sewing machine. I used to make lap quilts for gifts once upon a time and have several projects that have been collecting dust for the past 3 years. I picked back up working on the baby blanket I started for Sidney when I was pregnant. It's pink and green with rose buds. Super girly. I've almost finished piecing the border but I have to pace myself or I start getting sloppy. I'm also looking for a knitting teacher to expand my sewing repertoire. I like my sewing machine but knitting needles are much more portable.

post signature

No comments: