Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lubbock

Sixteen years ago I started working to get a college education. The first part of this journey started in Lubbock, TX and on Saturday it will end in Lubbock, TX. A lot has happened in the past years. I've learned a lot about work, having a family, and finding balance with the two. Deciding to finish my degree was part of finding that balance. I needed it to enhance my resume as a professional, and I needed it as an example for my daughter. It's important to finish what you start which is ultimately what getting a degree demonstrates. I know that my mom wanted this for me. I wish that she could be there to watch me walk the stage and get my diploma. I can remember going to my dad's graduation and I hope that Sidney will remember going to mine. I really did it!

post signature

1 comment:

Marta said...

I am so proud of you Rochelle! I hope that you have a great weekend graduating! Love you!