Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Boot Scoot and Boogie!

My first semester at Texas Tech has come to an end. I started with a lot of doubts about myself and what I was capable of. The past few months have had plenty of challenges and frustrations. But there have also been some highs. An instructor asked for permission to use one of my papers as an example for her future students. Woohoo! And I made a 4.0! Damon says that I was the only one that doubted I would do well. So all my worries and fears were for nothing. I'm half way to my goal of graduating in May. To celebrate this milestone I'm treating myself to a pair of cowboy boots. Yee-haw!

The Christmas break is giving me some time to read for fun. I finally finished The Shack. It was a great book. I cried - a lot. The authors perspective on relationships was interesting and very thought provoking. I just started reading another book called Scratch Beginnings. So far it's convinced me that I am very blessed to have the opportunities that I have. I'm a little envious of the freedom of responsibilities that the author describes, but it's really nice having a private bathroom - with a door!

post signature

No comments: