Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas - Another One Flies By

The entire month of December has been a blur for me. I hadn't realized how Sid being in school was going to affect our typical Christmas happenings. Between her school pageant, teachers gifts, ballet practice, my work and the regular seasonal stuff there was a lot going on. The good news is that we got most of it done and I'll be better prepared for next year.

Some of the highlights:

Damon and I were invited to a Christmas party at Venezia's in Midland. The food was amazing! It was especially fun to hang out with grownups for an evening.

Sid had a lot of fun with her school Christmas program. This year she sang with the other kids in preK and next year she will get a speaking part. I was very impressed with how all the kids did. The teachers did an amazing job getting them ready.

Damon and I got to sit in on one of Sidney's ballet/tap practices. She is starting to get the hang of it. Her first recital is in May and I think her teacher has her work cut out for her with this group of dancers. Lots of personalities and a few divas!

We got to see my good friend Sara and her family. We met at Rosa's for dinner and then got hot chocolate at Star Bright Village. I miss them tons and I'm so glad that they will be moving closer to us.

We had dinner at Shirrie's a few days before Christmas. She is such a great cook! We hadn't seen Mark and his family in years. It was good to catch up with them and Damon loved having someone to talk tech with. Sid had a blast playing with all the kids after she got over being shy. When we left she kept asking when we could go back to play.

We went to Kermit for Christmas Eve/Day. It was wonderful to spend time with Damon's parents, grandma, aunts and uncles. Santa brought Sid a new doll and 2 horses for the doll to ride. She named the doll "Chocolate Diamond" and the horses "Barbie and a Christmas Carol" and "Barbie Cowgirl." Santa also brought her a new Barbie dollhouse. She loves the Barbie! Her toy box is overflowing with all the new loot.

Life is returning to normal around our house. Of course we're already starting to gear up for our next holiday - Valentines! My favorite!

post signature

No comments: