Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Years Port A Trip

Damon and I spent New Years in Port Aransas with my cousins and their friends. It was a great location. Meredith found a wonderful house that was close to the beach. Devon made sure all the meals were delicious. We played games and watched a few bowl games. The Cotton Bowl was a big disappointment. Better luck next year Red Raiders! The weather was cool most of the trip. One morning everything was covered in fog. We didn't have to worry about sunburns. I'm already looking forward to going back with Sidney. Pelicans are funny looking birds but are so graceful in the air. While the guys were fishing we saw a pelican get hooked while trying to steal someone's fish. Sneaky bird! The poor pelican survived the episode, but it moped for a bit with it's beak hidden in the water before flying away.
I told Damon that if I could be a bird I wouldn't mind being a pelican. His response was, "Pelicans go blind and die." So I guess I won't be a pelican after all.

Here's Meredith our fabulous trip coordinator.
Marta and Kyle being silly. Sidney really liked Kyle. I asked if she made any friends while she was at Aunt Pami's house and her response was, "Yes! Darby. Kyle is my friend. A chiuaua lives in his car!" She had a great time playing with Aunt Pami and Haylie. She's still warming up to Sutton. Hopefully her dislike of boys will last until she's 18. The trip was such a great way to start the year. I didn't make any resolutions. I pretty much have my goals set out. This time next year I will have my BSN and will be working on becoming fluent in Spanish. 2009 is going to be fun!

post signature

3 comments:

Marta said...

It was a fabulous trip! And I LOVE that Sidney loves Kyle so much... I love you and am so glad that we were able to bring the New Year in together!

Meredith said...

very fun! i will send you my pics soon!

April said...

It was great to spend time with you guys! Next time we need to all take more photos, but I guess we were having too much fun! :)