Saturday, August 30, 2008

Reality Check

For some reason I thought that working fulltime, having a 2 year old, and going back to school wouldn't interfere with life as usual. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!

My classes started last Tuesday and the past 5 days have kicked my butt. The program had me hitting the ground running and since I haven't had to strain my brain for the past 10 years it's been a far from graceful beginning. One of my professors seems like she genuinely wants us to be better nurses through this program. Another of my professors leaves me with the impression that she doesn't like students. Eeeep!

I'm trying to stay focused on the prize and my successes. This weeks victories include: reading over 150 pages of nursing literature and turning in my assignments on time. Damon has gone above and beyond! He's been so helpful, especially when I've wanted to take a hammer to my computer and the Texas Tech IT staff. Thanks Babe!

post signature

No comments: