Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Get the Lead Out

I've decided that it's time to get in shape. Damon says, "Finally!" I have maintained my pre-baby weight for the past year but that's about 20lbs more than what I should be. I've started walking the track at UTPB which is about 2.6 miles and trying to make better food choices. My clothes are already starting to get a little baggy. It's a great feeling! I have a goal to be able to run a 10K next March. Considering I haven't run a mile since I was in college, getting ready to run a 6 mile stretch will definitely be a challenge. Of course this will necessitate getting a new "work-out" wardrobe and finding a good sports bra is a daunting task. Wrestling with spandex is almost a work-out in itself!

post signature

1 comment:

Marta said...

Hey! I am so proud of you! And I'm so excited to see you in a week! YAY!!!