Saturday, July 01, 2006

Last Lubbock Reunion






This weekend my Grandparents are moving to Menard to live in an assisted living complex. Aunt Jeanie, Uncle Llyod, Matt, Marta, Ty and Haylie were all there to clear out the house and get things packed up. I knew they had a lot of stuff but as we emptied cabinets and closets it was overwhelming. Grandpa was so cute. He mostly sat in his recliner and watched us run around like crazy headless chickens. Grandma was in full form wanting us not to throw anything away even though it was covered in 1/2 an inch of dust. And who knew that polyester pants came in summer and winter weight! HaHa! Marta got to help sort them into drawers. Those pants will still be around when I have Grandchildren. We all got to pick a blanket or afghan and choose from Grandma's doily collection. I chose a pastel afghan that I've always loved and plan to put it in Sidney's room on her rocker. I was sad knowing that I will never be in that house again but it's time for them to move into a smaller and safer home. Here are some pics of the family. It was so good to see everyone. Sidney had never seen Aunt Jeanie's family or Marta or Uncle Llyod.

No comments: